Online with Stéphanie
2 studying options:
- online synchronous classes
- books for complete self-learners
Your French Native teacher
Born and raised in France, Stéphanie has been a teacher for 20 years.
From elementary schools to community colleges, she has helped a wide variety of students on their educational path.
Stéphanie also has had a career in the publishing world as she wrote newspaper articles for a few years for a French regional daily newspaper, as well as articles for a tourism book while living in France.
Since her move to the United-States, Stéphanie published four books for self-learners seeking to learn the French language.
- Pick a group: Wednesdays or SaturdayZoomThis class is an initiation to French with 1h a week, on Zoom live together (synchronous class). Every month, we study a vocabulary theme and the related basic sentence structures/conjugation. Oral comprehension and speaking are emphasized. Activities are fun and engaging.
- Contact us to register - calendar monthZoom asynchronous classThis class is ideal for the self-learners. Schedule flexibility without compromising on the content quality and class format. You will receive all material to print. The first 4 Mondays, a pre recorded video will be available for your child to attend class and do activities along with Stéphanie.
- Wedn. or Sat. Group + asynchronous classZoomGet the best out of two options: live attendance in an initiation group + more practice alone with an asynchronous class. This option will give your child classmate interactions as well as more time to memorize content and develop muscle memory.
- Contact us to registerZoom synchronous classPrerequisite: students must attend the initiation class. This class aims at diving a little deeper in the French language by developing written comprehension, discovering the specific French sounds, & mastering the alphabet and its accents.
More interested in being a complete self-learner, and need books to study on your own?
My Private French Class - Grammar & Conjugation, Level 1
A book like no other. A compilation of the contents of 12 private classes with lessons and exercises progressing in difficulties.
My French Passport, Reading & Comprehension, Level 2
A book like no other. A compilation of the contents of 12 private classes with lessons and exercices progressing in difficulties.
My French Passport, Reading & Comprehension, Level 1
12 sections in French along with French culture, followed by comprehension questions and answers.
To facilitate the reading experience, find only grammar and conjugation you studied in its sister series - My Private French Class.
My French Word Search Puzzles -
Word Search puzzles in French around the vacation theme.
With this instructor, you’re not just learning the formal and informal French language, you’re also learning about French food, culture and traditions. For any student, she makes the challenges of learning and speaking the French language fun and insightful. As well, she does a wonderful job of always being available to promptly respond to questions/concerns of her students.
— B.T., review from Google
I like that the instructor is flexible and works with your work/home schedule. The instructor teaches formal French and the street level form. She also mixes in idioms and interesting facts of French culture.
— A A, review from Google
I highly recommend M'aidez Tutoring! My 8yo started speaking French in preschool while living in Europe for 5 years. She has been with M'aidez Tutoring for over a year now and has continued to develop her knowledge of French. She enjoys the class very much, conversing with other students, and playing games, all while learning French. Miss Stephanie is a wonderful teacher!
— Sylvia, review from Google
Wonderful kids class! Stéphanie uses lots of different activities to make learning engaging and effective for the kids. They have a great time. Bravo et merci :)
— Adam, review from Google
Bonjour! I have been a student of Stephanie's for a little over 6 months now, and I am so surprised over how much I have learned already. I see Stephanie once a week for private, one-on-one lessons, and I really enjoy how she doesn't intimidate or pressure me, but still challenges me. My goal for years has been to take my nursing skills internationally, and work with Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) which mostly serves countries where the first language is French. I can't say enough how happy I am that I found Stephanie. Learning a new language, especially as an adult, is difficult and I was afraid I wouldn't follow through and just give up. Which is what I did after buying Rosetta Stone. But being taught by Stephanie has been such a pleasant and rewarding experience, that I couldn't imagine stopping and know I will be her student until I can communicate in French with ease.
What makes Stephanie's teaching style so unique and successful, is that she does not just teach out of a text book. She prepares well-planned lessons with written and spoken exercises, and does this in a way that stimulates your ability to recall what you have learned, so it becomes memorized. Stephanie will even individualize my lessons for my personal goal. She focuses on medical terms, and since I am going to Tahiti in May, she has focused on what I will need to know for my trip, such a asking important statements, like, "Je suis perdu" (I am lost) and "Ou est mon vin?" (Where is my wine? :-) I also value that Stephanie is a native of France, and teaches me all of the important cultural aspects of the French life. I can tell this isn't just a job for Stephanie, it truly is a passion, and I am benefiting so much from that. If you are seriously looking for the best teacher to help you learn French, at any level, or if you have always liked the idea of learning another language, go French, and go Stephanie.
— Melissa, review from Yelp
I have taken French language lessons from M'aidez for slightly over one year, and it has proven to be not only very effective, but also manages to involve everyone in the class.
Prior to this I have taken Spanish, German, Russian, Mandarin and Polish language classes (yes, I'm addicted). M'aidez (Stephanie) has provided professional tutoring along with the strong basics of grammar and pronunciation.
Based on the happy giggles and fluent French phrases coming from the immediately previous children's class, I'd say Stephanie has a real bond with young students.
— Gail, review from Yelp